Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Building a Better Business: Business Development and Social Media Marketing for Design Professionals
Thursday, March 24, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM (PDT)
Solana Beach, CA
Are you wondering where to focus marketing efforts? Need to update your website but not clear where to start? Uncertain how to use social media to grow business?
Business as we know it has changed as the environmental crisis collides with the financial crisis. If you feel behind the curve, you're not alone. This series is designed to give business owners and marketing managers the tools and confidence to move into the new year with a plan for where and how to get new business. Whether new to business or a seasoned vet, you'll leave with the tools to refine and optimize your efforts. Case studies and general information are based on design and construction industry projects; however, anyone is invited to attend.
Part 1: INTRO TO SOCIAL MEDIA - 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Use the power of social media to promote your business. Bring your laptop if you'd like. You'll learn:
- Why Facebook, Linked In, and Twitter are necessary marketing tools
- Why they're important even if your clients aren't using it
- How to set up accounts
- About privacy settings and notifications
- How to grow contacts and social net worth
Part 2: MARKET POSITIONING, What's Your Story - 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Understand why specializing in a down economy is critical to success, how positioning will give potential clients a reason to hire you over the competition and a reason to pay more for those services. You'll learn how to:
- Understand the components of a positioning statement and an elevator pitch
- Analyze your strengths; capitalize on your expertise
- Differentiate from the competition
- Discover your true client and how to reach them
Part 3: SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY, Turning Contacts into Contracts - 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
You're all set up, now what? Learn how to tell your business story in order to attract new business and drive more traffic to your website. Discover:
- The 'Always' and 'Nevers' of wall posting
- When to use Groups vs. Pages
- How to upload photos and promote events
- Why following the competition and allowing them to follow you is important
- Tools to optimize time on social media
- How to reach out to contacts and get the work!
Part 4: DEVELOP YOUR MARKETING PLAN OF ATTACK! - 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
We'll put all the pieces together and discuss how to:
- Analyze marketing collateral: Good, Better, Best
- Get new business; keep old business
- Make networking events work for you
- Develop a marketing calendar and budget
These workshops qualify for Continuing Education Credits:
American Institute of Architects (AIA) - 8.5 CES
Association of Profession Landscape Designers (APLD) - 7 Business CEUs
Courtyard Marriott, 2nd Floor
717 South Highway 101
Solana Beach, CA 92075
APLD, ASLA, CLCA, AIA, and ASID members receive a $15 discount off the 4-Part pre-purchased ticket price. Just add the organization initials in the discount code box listed above.
Check-in starts at 8:00 a.m. Arrive early, grab a cup of coffee, set up your computer and network with friends. Bring business cards and marketing material.
Coffee, tea, water, and snacks will be provided. Lunch is on your own. Dining, shopping and beach are nearby.
Self-parking is on-site and free. Carpooling is encouraged. This location is within walking distance of the coaster (6 blocks) - exit Solana Beach Station, head south along Highway 101.
Questions? Kelly (619) 339-2540. Interested, but can't attend? Check out additional lectures and workshops.
Hope you will join us!
When & Where
Kelly Fore Dixon Consulting
Private consulting, workshops and lectures for small business.